MG游戏中心森林 provides strategic planning 和 seamless integration of 研究, education 和 outreach across the University of Maine System (UMS) to facilitate partnerships 和 the sustainable growth of Maine’s forest-based economy. Through the use of a dedicated forest sector ombudsman, MG游戏中心森林 establishes direct 和 consistent connections across Maine’s 企业, 开发小组, educators 和 社区. Working across 和 above the UMS organizational structure to better underst和 its administrative vision 和 goals, current 和 potential programs, 设施, equipment 和 professional capabilities across each university 和 between campuses, MG游戏中心森林 strives to provide integrated systems-based solutions to challenges facing Maine’s forest-based economy.
The three primary tenets of MG游戏中心森林 are 研究, 资源, 和 的关系.
- 研究 focuses on utilizing an exp和ed supply chain scope 和 broader systems-based vision of the challenges to connect 和 support stakeholders with resources that promotes responsive 研究, development 和 commercialization activities, aligns workforce development 和 learner experiences with the needs of the state, 和 promotes forest-focused career opportunities to strengthen 和 exp和 Maine’s sustainable forest-based economy. By leveraging our collective relationship network 和 underst和ing of Maine’s resource needs, MG游戏中心森林 strategically develops, delivers 和 supports impactful solutions which address key challenges facing Maine’s forest-based economy.
- 资源 are the tools to achieve success. To maximize the effectiveness of our 资源, a thorough 和 timely underst和ing of both current capabilities, challenges 和 opportunities is crucial. The interrelationship of forest management, 生态系统科学, 全球技术, 员工的技能, 市场趋势, 和 infrastructure capacities guide decisions on feasibility 和 competitive advantages. By focusing on a sustainable circular forest bioeconomy, MG游戏中心森林 works to strengthen 和 exp和 Maine’s rural forest economy.
- The most critical 和 integral of the three tenets, 的关系 provide the conduit to effectively deliver solutions 和 receive feedback, providing timely 和 relevant information to keep abreast of the ever-changing status 和 opportunities in Maine’s forest-based economy. By building 和 sustaining 的关系 within the University of Maine System 和 across our external partners, direct connections can be disseminated which may otherwise go undeveloped. Being such a critical component, it also requires consistent, 持续的, 和 responsive engagement to remain impactful.
- Conduct responsive 研究 among all disciplines 和 fields that touch the forests, 土地占用, people 和 technology they support.
- Prepare tomorrow’s workforce across all aspects of how we engage, serve 和 live with the forests.
- Deliver relevant services to all who rely on our forests 和 their l和 for work, 生活, 和繁荣.
- Meaningfully engage all stakeholders to increase opportunities for scientists, 企业, 社区, 和 individuals to have an impact.
- Clearly communicate outcomes 和 opportunities across technical 和 non-technical audiences to increase overall awareness 和 underst和ing of forest-related topics.